Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Count down..

It is Tues night, my wonderful husband is doing the dishes in the kitchen while I check email and unwind from another busy night at the pharmacy. I can't deny the truth anymore. I will be having surgery on Thursday, and I really do have pain, as much as I try to ignore or deny it. Part of me is excited to think that possibly I could feel like my left leg won't go out on me, or that I won't get sharp twinges of pain when I turn wrong, or that it won't lock up on me anymore. Maybe that funny pain in my but will go away too! All is possible. After all, not being able to walk is only temporary. I deal with much more sick patients on a daily basis, who am I to complain? My plans for tomorrow: Finish packing for Caleb and me, Clean the bathroom, go to the bank (i forgot to reorder more checks, argh!), and spend as much time with Caleb and Logan before we have to go to IA City.
Wish me (and the surgeons!) luck! Then next time I blog this will all be over and I will be on the road to recovery.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Colleen!
    It's us... at the pharmacy! We're hoping your surgery went well and you're starting to recover already. Hope to hear from you soon!
    Christa, Sarah, Vicki, Mike & Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that you are home! That was quick--you must be recovering quickly and well. I'll call soon, but wanted to let you know we're thinking about you and hoping all is going as well as possible.

    ReplyDelete