Thursday, April 30, 2009

1 week and counting...

As I write this I know that at this time next week I will most likely be in surgery. I am feeling a lot different emotions. Denial is always there, but I am trying to be positive and put aside the negative thoughts that keep coming. I am pretty much ready, arrangements for Caleb have been made, there is a ton of frozen meals in my freezer, and I even got some new nightgowns! I have my transfer bench for the shower and some lovely hand rails for our toilet. It is kind of crazy to think that I will be relying on these things very soon. My crutches will come from the hospital, they will be my new best buds! All that is left is to clean the house a final time and pack my bag. This weekend we will go to the farmer's market in the morning and then go to my parent's house to celebrate my Dad's retirement. I am going to try to have a great last weekend utilizing both my legs.

1 comment:

  1. wow! I just read your whole blog. I am glad you went back to the beginning so I could understand more. The surgery and recovery will seem long I am sure, but as you say you have done many preparations and have a good support network. Nice you have a good benefits too which take some of the stress away. I will be thinking and praying for you during your recovery!

    ReplyDelete