Monday, September 7, 2009

4 months post PAO

Today in the honor of Labor Day, Logan and I cleaned the majority of windows in my house today. We still have our four season porch left to do, but they fold inward so we can clean them from the inside, so much easier. I know Labor Day is supposed to be a holiday for relaxing, but it was a beautiful day to clean windows and we don't get too many days together to work on house projects.
My hip has been much better. I can get up off the floor with no problems. I have even been able to get in the gym about 3 times per week. I can do about 20 minutes on the elliptical or around 2 miles. Then I usually do some weights. My hip used to lock up after doing the leg press machine. My hip doesn't lock up anymore, but I don't think it is 100% yet. I still fill a little weak after getting done with the machine, but it feels so good to be able to exercise. Slowly the weight I gained after my surgery is coming off.
All in all life is getting back to normal. I can even lay on my operated side to sleep at night. I still have numbness in the front of my upper thigh, but the only time I have real pain is when anyone presses on the area around my scar. Once in awhile I get a few aches, but I try not to analyze every one I have. I have some bad days, with stiffness in the morning, but some stretches and moving around helps a lot! I think I still have a slight limp, but I can't really tell unless I am really tired. Next month we go back to Iowa City. I was hoping I would be pregnant by now, but it hasn't happened yet, so I guess I will be getting more X-Rays.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen,
    Thanks for putting this blog up! I'm contemplating a PAO and my story's pretty similar to yours, so it's great to be able to read about your experience & recovery. I think I'm still in shell shock after being told a month ago I needed a PAO + FO. I last saw an OS 15-20 years ago when THR was the only option, so I was totally surprised. I had all the braces + osteotomy as a small child too, and now have a 2 year old and live in MO. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete